Submitted By: Eric Hornbaker
- 1 whole Russet baking potato
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare potato by washing and poking full (no spot left unpunctured) of holes with a fork (both top & Bottom) make sure holes penetrate trough to core of potato.
- Rinse potato and let air dry until skin is dry.. coat whole potato with a film of olive oil then salt the outside skin.
- Set potato on top oven rack (with pan below it on bottom rack to catch dripping starch) then let potato bake at 325 for 50 min.
- Split top of potato with knife in a star pattern.
- Let bake for another 20 minutes until fluffy and dry.
- Let potato cool and break into 9-10 smaller pieces. put in dehydrator and let dehydrate over night until completely hard.
- TO REHYDRATE: Soak pieces in a cup of hot water for 30 to 40 min or until tender again.