- 1 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat or white flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Powdered whole egg
- 1/2 tbsp Powdered milk
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Melted butter flavored shortening
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 inch baking dish, and tilt dish to spread evenly.
- Place on the center rack of oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden.