Submitted By: Steve Pace
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Crushed sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Crushed cashews
- 1/2 cup Crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup Crushed peanuts
- 2 2/3 cup Oatmeal
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 2 cups Dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly blend nuts and oats, then place in a baking pan with sides.
- Toast in oven for 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Combine honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt in sauce pan and simmer stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients including dried fruit.
- Dump your granola mixture onto a cookie sheet, plastic cutting board, or piece of wax paper.
- Evenly compress and spread the mixture so your bars won’t fall apart when you cut them.
- Let them dry on counter for about 3 hours.
- I cut mine into bars and put them in the dehydrator at 115 degrees.
- Bag or wrap in plastic.