See this recipe in a video!
- 1 pinch Date sugar or dehydrated shredded coconut or wheat germ (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup Dehydrated fruits of choice
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Powdered milk
- 4 cups Fat-free milk
- Add powdered milk to liquid milk and blend within saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- After a boil is reached, let it cool to under 120 degrees F. (this step is very important).
- In a separate small container: add some of the milk to one heaping tablespoon of yogurt, and stir.
- Mix the small container back into the original large container.
- Pour the milk/yogurt mixture into four small (approx. 1 cup) mason jars and screw on the lids.
- Remove all racks from dehydrator except the bottom rack, and place the mason jars on the rack.
- Set dehydrator to 115 degrees F. (Warm the dehydrator prior to using).
- Dehydrate for approximately 6 hours, or until your product is a firm yogurt-like consistency.
- Once the yogurt appears firm, refrigerate the jars overnight.
- Gently fold in any dehydrated fruits you wish to add to your yogurt, and place back into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with date sugar (dehydrate fresh sliced dates for 15 hours, then grind to fine powder), dehydrated coconut, wheat germ, etc.