Hash Brown Omelet
Submitted By: Janet Stout
- 2 cups Dehydrated hash browns
- 1/2 cup Dehydrated chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Dehydrated chopped green pepper
- 1 cup Diced ham or polish sausage
- 6 whole Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine potatoes, onion and green pepper in bowl.
- Cover with boiling water, and let set for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- In 10 inch non stick skillet saute potatoes, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Sprinkle with ham.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, pepper and salt; add to the skillet.
- As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; fold omelet in half.
- Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.