Pickles and Pickled Beets
See this recipe in a video!
- 6 Black peppercorns
- 2 Dehydrated bay leaf
- 1/2 Dehydrated hot pepper
- 1 large Dehydrated sliced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Pickling salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Vinegar
- 5 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Dehydrated sliced cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups Dehydrated sliced beets
- Pour water, vinegar and sugar in a large pot.
- Break up garlic, and hot pepper into the pot, add bay leaves and pepper corns.
- Stir and bring to a rolling boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the dehydrated cucumbers in one of the quart jars up to about 1/3 full and in the other jar add the beets up to about 1/3 full.
- Pour the hot pickle juice into the jars making sure to get some garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns in each jar.
- Put the lids on, let cool and then put in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning you have pickled beets and cucumbers! They will keep in the refrigerator for 2 months.