Red Beans and Rice
- 16 oz Bag of small red beans
- 14 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Dehydrated chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Dehydrated chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Dehydrated chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp Dehydrated parsley
- 2 whole Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Dehydrated garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups Cooked rice
- Soak the beans in 10 cups of water overnight or first thing in the morning.
- Three hours before dinner, drain the beans and place then back into the pot.
- Add the onions, celery, green pepper, parsley, bay leaves and garlic.
- Add water to cover the contents: about 4 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to medium heat and simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
- Add more water if necessary. Then, add the oil, pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce, if using.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pot and continue to cook for 1 hour.
- Serve over cooked rice.