Red Meat and Vegetable Soup
Submitted By: Beverly Hiett
- 1 lb Red meat beef, venison, moose, bison, etc.
- 3 tbsp Dehydrated diced carrots
- 3 tbsp Dehydrated sliced celery
- 3 tbsp Dehydrated sliced tomatoes or diced
- 3 tbsp Crushed dehydrated spinach
- 3 tbsp Dehydrated chopped green pepper
- 2 whole Chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup Pearled barley Diced potatoes or macaroni are also good substitutes.
- 2 quart Beef broth
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp White vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 10 oz V8 juice
- 4 cups Tomato juice
- Heat olive oil on med-high.
- Sauté garlic cloves until aromatic.
- Add and brown 1 lb red meat (beef, venison, moose, bison etc.) Pour in 1 qt beef broth.
- Pour in 1 qt. beef broth.
- Start sprinkling in dehydrated veggies. (May decide to add a bit more after all liquids are in).
- Add potato, pearl barley or macaroni.
- Add juices.
- Simmer until veggies are tender. Taste and add vinegar and sugar to your taste. Start with 1 tsp. each. I like about 2 Tbs. in mine. Perhaps a bit more vinegar.
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes after veggies are done. If possible, let sit in fridge overnight.