Vegan Split Pea Soup
Submitted By Deborah White
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Dehydrated sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 whole Bay leaf
- 1/3 cup Dehydrated carrots
- 1/3 cup Dehydrated celery
- 1/3 cup Dehydrated diced onion
- 1/2 cup Pearled barley
- 1 cup Dehydrated cubed potato
- 2 cups Split peas
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 12 cups Water
- In large pot, bring 12 Cups water to boil.
- Add all ingredients.
- Stir well, reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When potatoes and barley are tender, remove from heat and serve.
- I chose this recipe to add to my long term food storage pre-made meals, because it is Vegan and doesn't require meat.
- Although, for the meat eaters, if you happen to have ham, bacon or spam... throw that in!!